Steven L. Butler, Esquire
Download .vcf file
Steven L. Butler is a Partner at Linarducci & Butler, PA and practices exclusively in the area of Social Security Disability.
Mr. Butler is a 1998 graduate of University of Delaware, and a 2003 Graduate of Widener University School of Law. Mr. Butler joined the firm upon graduation from law school, and became a named partner in January 2007. Prior to joining Mr. Linarducci in his practice, Mr. Butler served as a law clerk for an Insurance Defense Firm in Wilmington, Delaware.
Mr. Butler is admitted to practice in the State of Delaware, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court of Delaware. Since he is admitted to at least one state bar, he is also able to practice Social Security Disability in any state in the country. Mr. Butler currently has clients in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Butler is a member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, Delaware State Bar Association, and Delaware Trial Lawyers Association. He is Chair of the Small Firms and Solo Practitioner’s Section of the Delaware State Bar Association, a founding member of the Social Security Disability Section of the Delaware State Bar Association, and a member of the Social Security Section of the American Association for Justice.
Prior to beginning law school, Mr. Butler was in the technology field. He was a computer network administrator for the Delaware Judicial Information Center, a Network Technician for the Delaware State Personnel Office, and he helped establish the Delaware Department of Education Computer Helpdesk.
Mr. Butler was active in oral advocacy while in law school and was a member and the Vice-President of the Moot Court Honor Society and a member of the Moe Levine Trial Advocacy Honor Society. He was a finalist in the Widener University School of Law 2001 Honorable G. Fred DiBona Competition, and a semi-finalist at the Seton Hall School of Law 2002 John J. Gibbons Criminal Procedure National Moot Court Competition. Mr. Butler was on the staff of the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law while enrolled at Widener, and also is a member of Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity, Harrington Inn Chapter.
In addition to his interests in technology and the law, Mr. Butler enjoys taking part in recreational sports, and is an avid fan of the Philadelphia Eagles. In his leisure time, Mr. Butler enjoys running, following technology, reading, music and spending quality time with his family.
- Widener University School of Law – J.D. (2003)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Moot Court Honor Society (Vice-President 2002-2003)
- Moe Levine Trial Advocacy
- Delaware Journal of Corporate Law
- Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Fraternity, Harrington Inn Chapter
- Academic Support Fellow
- Certificates of Achievement (Constitutional Law and Professional Responsibility)
- University of Delaware – B.A., Political Science (1998)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- US District Court for District of Delaware
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Presenter, Ethical Issues in Attorney Use of Technology, DSBA (April 22, 2010)
- Presenter, Can Social Security Disability Help Your Client, DSBA (March 23, 2010)
- Panelist, Phi Alpha Delta 3L+1 Forum (November 2009)
- Published, Law.com, Law Firm Done with Paper (August 6, 2009)
- Presenter, Handling a Social Security Disability Claim, NBI (February 2008)
- Presenter, What Every Attorney Should Know about Social Security, DSBA (April 2008)
- Panelist, Law Practice Professionalism, Widener University School of Law (April 2007)
- Finalist, 23rd Annual G. Fred DiBona Moot Court Competition
- Semi-Finalist, 2002 Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Social Security Section of American Association of Justice, Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, Sustaining Member
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- Small Firms and Solo Practitioner Section of Delaware State Bar Association, Chair
- Social Security Disability Section of Delaware State Bar Association, Founding Member
- Technology Committee of Delaware State Bar Association, Liaison
- Federal Bar Association, Member